Sunday, December 30, 2012

Always Forward...Always Together

 
Always Forward…Always Together
 
by Mary Ann Kirisits
As time goes on and we travel the years,
Some things we let go of, and others hold dear.
For all of the joys, there are such sorrows too,
So we have to keep sorting, to find our true path.
 
The task isn’t easy, and we all lose our way,
Some for a long time, and some more than once,
We flounder and worry, sure that life isn’t fair,
 
We cry and despair, thinking that no one must care.
 
But still we hold on, for there’s a light at the end,
And we know in our hearts, we’ll be happy again,
So we go through the days, that are dark and are hard,
And drift through long nights, wishing the minutes away.
 
We work our way through, down a treacherous road,
Sometimes with help, sometimes alone,
And as time passes on, our footsteps are lighter,
And gradually we feel like the world will be brighter.
 
It’s hard work this path, I know for I’ve been there,
My journey is constant, sometimes foggy, sometimes clear.
Yet I’m grateful to be here, and for all of the trip,
I’m grateful to keep going, and for all that I’ve learned.
 
For I’ve learned to embrace all the good that there is,
And that even the sad things are part of what’s good.
I’ve learned to be present, while remembering the past,
Using those lessons as guide posts, when going forward again.
 
And I’ve learned that we are never completely alone,
That our hearts are joined with others, either here or those gone.
So I keep stepping forward, with gratitude and peace,
Thanking all those I know, for always guiding me home.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment