Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Wonder, by Mary Ann Kirisits

The Wonder of the Wonder of Christmas
 
As I ponder the coming of Christmas,
The joy and the spirit to come,
I am amazed at the power of one word,
And the meaning it brings to us all.
 How is it this one day and word,
Evokes happiness, memories, and tears?
How is it this one day and word,
Stays steadfast for centuries and years?
 Perhaps, it’s the core of the day,
The birth of the Savior and Lord,
Perhaps it’s the history and time,
Of legacies and so many years.
 I think of the world so in awe,
Of a concept that never grows weary,
Of love for a God and love for all men,
In a life that is sometimes so dreary.
 I embrace the awe of the day,
That overcomes all distance and time,
Respected and revered no matter where,
And celebrated by all who believe....
 Perhaps it is true love of others,
Of family and friends and all men,
Perhaps it is heritage of customs held close,
To be practiced again and again.
 I wonder about all of these things,
Feeling grateful and renewed in my soul,
That so many spirits both earthly and gone,
Come together in joy as a whole.
 So as this day comes closer,
With planning and thoughts of good will,
My wonder is simple and joyous,
That love is the core of us still.
      By Mary Ann Kirisits
 



No comments:

Post a Comment