Thursday, August 23, 2012

It Makes a Difference

Today I am digressing from the story of the aftermath of my son's death.  I wanted to share this instead.
This story came to me years ago...it always warms my heart, and makes me feel good.  I hope you enjoy it.







One day, at dawn, a man was walking on the beach and in the distance he saw a figure that looked as if it were dancing.  As he got closer, he saw that the beach was littered with thousands of starfish and the figure was a little boy who was picking up the starfish one by one and throwing them back into the ocean.

As the man approached the little boy, he said to him
"What are you doing?"
The little boy replied,
"I'm throwing these starfish back into the water.  If I leave them here, when the sun gets hot, they'll dry up and die."
The man pointed at all the starfish and said,
"But look how many there are.  What you're doing can't possibly make a difference!"
And as the boy picked up yet another starfish and threw it into the ocean he said,
"Well, it makes a difference to this one."

  
                                    Author Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment